At Precision Exams, we are fundamentally improving education by answering every student’s question, “why am I learning this?” We do this by connecting student learning to real-world outcomes and actual businesses.
As Business Development Manager for Precision Exams you will be integral to helping businesses increase engagement with students and educators across the United States. This position is key to improving education at a critical time, as students transition from high school to college and careers – impacting the direction of their lives. This is a dynamic and exciting role for the right individual in a fast-paced, fast-growing company.
The ideal candidate has a passion for connecting people together and improving people’s lives. To do this, you will need to be driven and organized as you will be working with hundreds of educators and businesses at the same time, helping them through a recruitment and engagement funnel where they can best engage and help each other. At the same time, you will be a vital part of further developing our strategic plans moving forward.
Travel will be necessary as the Business Development Manager will work with educators (teachers, directors, and administrators) at all levels of local and state Career and Technical Education organizations, and with leaders of industry in HR, staffing, and marketing leadership roles.
• Espouse the company’s mission and values at all times.
• Prospect for employers to engage with education certification programs (prospecting will include networking, cold calling, researching, and leveraging existing customer contacts).
• Quickly build relationships with contacts and move them through stages of engagement.
• Set up meetings between decision makers and our executive team as appropriate.
• Be able to adjust your presentation and approach based on the needs of your contact.
• Handle objections by clarifying and leading to a positive conclusion.
• Present extremely well over the phone, on webinars, and in-person.
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, to represent the company and to research market competitors and market trends.
• Work with our internal teams to develop materials and proposals that best meet the needs of our customers and contacts.
• Present to and consult with internal teams on identifying business trends and opportunities, and helping create effective campaigns, services, and distribution channels to increase sales.
• Develop an expert knowledge of our market and competitors to help identify our unique selling propositions and differentiators.
You will be expected to provide examples and validation of the following qualifications:
• Proven track record of initiating and successfully building trust and meaningful relationships to drive new business.
• Ability to develop and manage a pipeline of opportunities and convert prospects to clients.
• Success in utilizing a strategic consultative selling approach to drive new business.
• Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
• Provide thought leadership in solving strategic and operational business problems.
• Ability to operate, thrive and lead through ambiguous situations.
• Ideal candidate will possess at least 3-5 years of solution-based selling experience, preferably within the K12 marketplace.
• Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and CRM systems is required (HubSpot is preferred).
• Position requires flexibility to travel (including overnight) – 30-40% of time.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Driven by achieving results.
• Excellent organizational skills.
Be prepared to discuss your education experiences; levels of achievement, application to past work and work with
Precision Exams, accomplishments, projects, etc.
Precision Exams Overview:
Precision Exams is the leader in industry-aligned, entry-level Career and Technical Education (CTE) certifications. We help students validate the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom and provide educators with actionable data to aid program improvement. With over 190 exams, we have the most comprehensive collection of CTE certifications anywhere!
Our mission is to answer the question “why am I learning this?
We do this by:
• Helping every person discover and connect to purposeful pathways to their personalized success.
• Providing platforms, products, and services to engage learners, educators, and industry in creating connections from learning to careers.
• Measuring everything we do against our company values and three corporate principles: Quality, Ease-of-Use, Value.
Contact Info: email@example.com